NMEA Mission Statement
The mission of the National Marine Electronics Association is to be a worldwide, self-sustaining organization committed to enhancing the technology and safety of electronics used in marine applications and the profitability of its members, by:
- Providing effective leadership to its members
- Facilitating communications between members and various constituent groups
- Encouraging members to establish quality processes
- Furthering the education of its members and various constituent groups
- Influencing the applicable legislative and regulatory processes
Adding membership value. NMEA’s greatest potential for advancement lies in adding value for its members.
To facilitate and support the development and implementation of standards and uniform government regulations for the marine electronics industry applicable to recreational and regulated vessels.
To facilitate, support and provide marine electronics training, including required and recommended recurrent certified training programs.
To provide a responsive organizational structure that effectively deploys resources and voluntary leadership for maximum member benefit.
To listen and respond to members with timely and accurate information about the state of the industry, regulatory issues, and business practices that may have a direct and material impact on member’s operations.
Code of Conduct for NMEA Members
To be considered a member of NMEA in good standing, a member shall:
- Uphold and abide by the by-laws and decisions of NMEA
- Pay all dues within the described time limits
- Uphold all NMEA manufacturer members product warranties
- Conduct business in accordance with the Federal, State, and local law, and ensure all marketing and service policies and procedures are fair and reasonable.
- Provide information (if applicable) so the purchaser can be fully informed about the product and its application(s).
- Assist and cooperate with fellow members of NMEA and actively promote and support NMEA in the public sector for the benefit of the marine electronics industry as a whole and to the best interest of the end user in general.
- Actively support, to the best of the member’s ability, NMEA volunteer committees and activities as may be adopted by NMEA, including the annual NMEA Conference and Expo
- Actively support, to the best of the member’s ability, any of NMEA’s education and certification programs as may be adopted by the association.
It shall be the responsibility of the Board of Directors, by periodic review, to assure the membership’s compliance to the above tenets and take appropriate action, where required, in the best interests of NMEA.